8/3/09

Castlewood Challenge

Huge turnout, racers and spectators. Such a fun course. First lap went fairly well, second lap lost a bit of motivation as I was alone with no one in sight either way. Third lap I ate shit pretty hard, the kind where you're dazed for a moment thinking, "what the hell just happened?" Banged and bloodied my knee a bit, but didn't hurt too bad. Bent/broke the banjo bolt on the rear brake caliper and lost all my fluid with one pull of the lever. Wish it would've been the front, things got really sketchy trying to carry speed through the switchbacks and such. I got to the line at about 1:29 and drank a beer and waited a few minutes to get past the 1:30mark so I didn't have to go out again. I had lost all motivation. I see now that if I would've went out again and held my position I would've ended up in seventh. What a wuss, I should've done it.


Photos 1

Photos 2

Results


Found two pics, credit the second link.




Credit Jason Pryor.

4 comments:

JP said...

Sounds like a solid performance despite randomness. Lookin like a monster in the pics. "Let me see your war face!"

Ben Schwab said...

Yeah, I'm digging those pics - looking badass. Gotta' love those mechanicals. Way to get after it.

Ben Schwab said...

Just looking back through these pics and noticed you were sporting your Lynskey. How was it racing the 'new' rig?

Christian Stitz said...

I'm really loving that bike, from short XC races to all day rides. I have a remote fork lockout en route that will put it over the top for me.