8/14/08

Summer Flashback

Well boys, I'm not much of a writer but here is a cliffs note version of probably one of our best summers. The summer started in Riviera Maya, Mexico at the Grand Sierenis resort. Katie and her sister graduated with their masters this past year so to celebrate, her parents took us all on a trip. Did I mention it was all expenses payed. That's right.


The resort had 9 bars (a couple swim-up bars) and 12 restaurants. This was my view for most of the 8 days. It was one of the best beach views I've seen.

Katie and her sis Kelly at the beach bar. Many Coronas were consumed there.
I believe this was taken just before noon. Margarita anyone?
Beach hut.

Katie is walking up to one of the Mayan ruins that you could get to from the resort. The resort beach and main buildings are in the background.
One of the two large bar areas.
Just a cool shot.
Took in some of the customs. The shot was nasty.


Now this is from our yearly family Colorado trip. We stay in Estes Park, in an area called Windcliff. My sister rents out a house that has about four rooms and a view to die for. It's hard leaving that place every year.

view from back deck. That is Rocky Mountain National Park.
The national park is just 100 yards off the back deck.
My sister Jody and her husband Bij and I on a hike up to Flat Top Mountain. The peak you see is Longs Peak. I believe Bij is going to force me up it next year. He's a seasoned hiker and a mad man.
Wildlife at the top of Flat Top.
After Flat top we keep on going to the top of Hallett Peak (12,713 ft.). I believe that is the highest I've ever been in Colorado.
Babysat Katie's sister's dog (golden cocker in the back) while she gets her apartment in Denver ready. It was kinda fun having two dogs in the house. A little crazy at times, but fun.
A new addition to the family. Meet Moto.
Had a couple good rides this weekend while the racers (Chris and Matt) were probably kicking ass and taking no prisoners. Oh and for all you boys that haven't been riding with Chris and Matt lately, they are freakishly fast now.
And last but not least, my soon to be second member of the family. That is Katie with a bun in the oven. She is 16 weeks into the pregnancy and in about 4 weeks we will find out what the gender is. Katie and I are super excited. We found out the night before we left for Mexico. It was not the best timing, but I wouldn't change it for anything since we were having problems getting pregnant. We had been trying for over a year and started to wonder if it was going to happen at all. Then we got the good news, my boys are swimmers.

That's all I know. Peace out brothers.

Moby

6 comments:

Christian Stitz said...

CONGRATULATIONS Moby! Nice work. I nominate this for the best post ever.

Dave said...

Congrats Moby. Looks like quite the summer. Oh and hello Moto.

Zac Beussink said...

Congratulations, Moby! I'm excited for you... you're going to have a little dick running around!
Looked like an awesome summer trip, too. Katie looks happy, too (except maybe about her glass of water next to her sister's beer)!

JP said...

Congratulations, Moby. Were you really trying for a year or just having fun?

Thanks for the news, and the bike is bad.

Strunk said...

Sounds like you had a pretty darn good summer. Mexico, Colorado, Baby. Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!! If you guys need anything let us know, we are right down the road.

Ben Schwab said...

Congrats Moby! Thanks for keeping us updated, glad that your boys can (finally) swim.