8/27/08

Funny Story

Really not that funny, but.....
So the reason the first part of getting these jerseys done took so long was that I switched companies midway thtough. The first company that I used fit our needs best but their service was marginal, poor communication. They were supposed to send me a color sample and sizing kit and told me that they did, but I never received it. After waiting a couple of weeks and receiveing nothing and getting no communication from them, I initiated business with the second choice company. (who by the way is exponentially better, very professional, great service, detailed/informed workflow, just a bit more expensive and higher minimums) Then the color sample from the first company shows up on my doorstep, but no sizing kit. This is a month since I've heard from them. I plug in the UPS number and find out it was delivered August 1st, a day earlier than they had initially promised. Turns out the UPS guy delivered it to our neighbor, whose house is for sale, and doesn't live there. She returned yesterday morning to check on her place and found the package, so she tossed it on our porch. So, the way I see it, that company lost our business due to UPS and the slumped housing market. I still haven't heard from them though. You'd think a company would follow up with a potential customer, especially considering how far along we were in the process. Oh well, I'm not disappointed, as the only drawback to the current company is the slightly higher prices and they've already made up that difference, trust me.

What you see is the front panel of our jersey on the fabric, ready to be cut and sewn. I guess we can hang it up or something.


4 comments:

Moby said...

I'm still waiting...

Moby said...

So the brown turned out alright?

You would think the first company would have called. So much for customer service.

Christian Stitz said...

I think the brown turned out perfect. They were attempting to match it to the Pantone # that you gave me. Looks a bit dark in the photo but so does everything else. It's great in person. This new company is doing the same thing. I assume they'll get it right. We'll know tomorrow or Saturday, the sample is coming USPS Priority.

JP said...

The panel...we should attach it to a pole and make a flag out of it so we can secure to one of our bikes for the last lap of any race that we enter (or to Keeven's antenna).