3/31/10

Almost There

It's been quite a while since I've posted. This semester has been a crazy, busy one for me. Along with the normal course load, committee work, etc. I had a couple of exhibitions of my work. As a result, I'm a bit behind on my bike preparation for the season. Jeremy was kind enough to give me his old Specialized frame (it is one step up from mine) and I'm rebuilding it with some new components and bringing some over from my frame. I'm going to then sell my old frame (hopefully) and will reimburse JP. It's win win.











New derailleur hanger.











New Sram X-9 Trigger Shifters.















New Sram X-9 Rear Derailleur.














Chris King Headset.











Another view.

I've also replaced all cables and housing, along with a new chain.

I have been road riding quite a bit, but I'm anxious to get this rebuilding finished. I worked a lot over this past weekend and it is almost built up. I just have a few last things to do and I'll be ready to go. I'm already loving the Sram components. So much easier to get set-up than Shimano, with minimal adjustments needed.

The weather has been hit and miss here, lots of rain. So, I don't think I'd be able to ride still anyways. I'm starting to get sick of road riding and can't wait to get back into MTB. I plan to post some more pics soon, once finished.

2 comments:

JP said...

That headset does look surprising good.

JP said...

Reimburse with beer, right?