5/10/10

Greensfelder Challenge Tool

Greensfelder Challenge. Ten mile course. Fun as hell. Plenty of rocks and tech thrown in with a bit of everything else. The GORC boys have done a FANTASTIC job with this place and it sure seems to have a ton of potential. DRJ Racing put on the race and laid out the supreme course.

I raced marathon class which in this series is a three hour cutoff. Completed four laps in about three and a half hours. Lap one was crowded as I didn't get a good start but eventually I made my way clear. Probably a good thing as I just relaxed for the first half of the lap, figured there was plenty of time. Lap two brought the pain with my back doing the cool new thing of sucking ass. Lap three it worked it's way out a bit. Lap four I was able to push here and there. Rode most of the race myself again, that allows me to race my race, but it makes it hard to push when I don't see anything to chase.

I may sound indifferent but that was a really fun race, mainly due to the course. I love that stuff. I'm ready for some more racing.

Skip the next two paragraphs.

I took the opposite approach to the whole back issue this time. Went out of town Sunday morning, returned 11:30 Friday night just before the race. Didn't do anything while away except eat fat and drink beer and sit in a chair. My back wasn't good, it still tightened up enough to cause me to have to stop and stretch a number of times, but it was better than last time.

I think I need a better warm up followed by an extensive stretch, and also a look in to fit on the bike. My seat may be a bit too far forward, causing me to pull hard with my hamstrings. They may be pulling on my back. Who knows. Blah blah.

Results

Helmet Cam Vid (Great Music)

One of my favorite parts in any song of the Tool catalog starts at 4:05. And builds. And holy shit that guitar at 4:44 gives me the willys every time. Then at 5:05 I sing like my name is Maynard, feeling like I am made of pure adrenaline.

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way by
stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Holy shit I fucking love Tool.

I wonder if the creator Bob knew that Tool is coming to St. Charles and tickets went on sale that day at 10 AM, the same time that my race started. I considered skipping the race to get some good tickets but didn't. We still ended up with some decent seats.

What just happened?.......

Oh right.

Pics

Pics

Pics


Vids


5 comments:

Ben Schwab said...

NIce. That video is amazing. I want to go race right now. Fun stuff. Hey, can you and Dave give me some of your genetics so I can muscle up?

Christian Stitz said...

http://www.albanycrossfit.com/

Wendy Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trail Monster said...

That video was the shit. Wish I could have raced it, but not at the sacrifice of Moab...lol

JP said...

Boom. For real.