6/9/09

Group Rides













I've been hitting up some local MTB group rides lately. It's taken me a little while to find them, but there are a total of 4 rides throughout the week, all on different days and in different locations. I've gone on 2 so far, with another one scheduled this week. Hopefully, I can do the fourth soon.

The first group ride ended up being, ridiculously, 3 miles from my house (I could bike there). I couldn't believe it when the group ride leader emailed me directions. I've since gone back a few times to the trails (first picture above and below). Total trail network is about 12-15 miles of mazes, but pure singletrack. Fun to ride, however I couldn't help but notice the "Do Not Trespass" signs. Found out from the group ride that it is on private land, but MTB riders have permission to be there. Not sure how much I'll frequent the trails, even though they are so close. I've had bad luck when it comes to trespassing.














Same trail network, slightly different location.













Second group ride was last week at the same trail network where I raced about a month ago, in Schenectady. Check me out, second from right. This was a killer group ride, very fast, with a lot of really good riders. It really pushed me and I've been feeling like I've been riding pretty strong. I definitely plan to hit this one up more often.











Driving home.


And this isn't riding material, but it is bike related: http://aportfoliorecycled.blogspot.com/

Found this from another bike blog about a guy who makes sculpture out of old bike parts. It is really interesting stuff to see. Scroll down to view the impressive clocks and tables. Jeremy, be sure to scroll down a little farther to view the coffee maker, you'll appreciate it, for sure.


1 comment:

JP said...

Cool clocks and tables, but I'm not sure that the "coffee maker" is labeled right. Looks a little like something else, but thanks for referencing me to it.

Don't be a trespasser.