5/26/09

MDW

Memorial Day Weekend. Just some pics.


Researched the Quadfecta / Four Banger (Drew). Parked at Brommelsiek. Rode Brommelsiek, connected to Lost Valley and rode it, Katy to Matson rode it, Katy to Klondike rode it, met up with Jess and rode back to Defiance where she'd parked the other car. I believe a true Quadfecta / Four Banger involves riding each trail system in each direction, and returning to your start. I wound up with about 50 miles, that would put you closer to 75 I think. I live 8 easy paved miles from Bromm, could just ride there, make it 90 or so total. Anyone interested? We could have some kind of feast / beer at the house upon return.


Brommelsiek Entrance



On the Bromm-Mound Connector



Lost Valley



Matson



Klondike (I saw 3 Black Rat snakes that day, along with a LOT of mosquitoes, lizards. and squirrels)



Klondike Structures





Ewok Village in progress





Check out the background, down with the ship







Recovery



Probably sent 10 of these down the toilet this weekend


Lake St. Louis Paddling


Largest house in St. Charles County under construction. 20,000 square feet. Being built by one of the owners of the local auto warranty company you may be hearing about on the news, they're under investigation



Dave and I dorking around at Cosmo Park, pretending to be tough. Is that possible in spandex?



Absorbing Shakespeare's and Sparky's.

1 comment:

JP said...

Thanks for that, man. Makes me remember why I love America and all that.