5/18/09

Bass Fishin

So I was lucky enough to get the invite to fish a Bass tournament with my dad. Went down to Lake of the Ozarks Friday evening, fished all day Saturday and half of the day Sunday. As far as the fishing goes, we didn't do so well. One Drum, one Blue Catfish, one Bluegill, one Sunfish, and five or six Largemouth/Spotted Bass that were too short to keep. I had a great time. I've never really "gotten" fishing but this time I think I caught on, I really did enjoy myself. Most importantly I spent some wonderful time with my dad.










We were cruising down the lake at about 40mph when we felt a slight jolt and we lost all speed, though the rpm's stayed up. He shut the boat down and we looked around to see what had happened. We raised the motor thinking maybe we'd hit something and damaged the prop. We hit something, that log, with the lower unit. It was t-boned on the front of the lower unit perpindicular to the boat. Impaled about two inches deep. You couldn't do that if you tried.





2 comments:

JP said...

Nice pics. Looks like a good time. Reminds of times I used to spend at Terre Du Lac.

However, I think I'd prefer the action of fishing with the ANA (Afghan National Army). Check it: http://www.fishingpixels.com/bazooka1.html

Casey Ryback said...

great shots. enjoy those days!