7/21/08

Mountain Biking

Just wanted to sneak in another post-ride post. Rented a rig and hit the Huachuca's again this passed weekend. Turned into a pretty epic ride from the start. I depressed the front brake lever while wrangling the bike out of my gas efficient but impractical rental car, so the Juicy 7's pads locked up on me and I ditched the front rotor to go commando. This developed into a key component of the ride as after I climbed about 1,000 feet the sky opened up and the inevitable fun-filled, hard-charging downhill turned into a rock-studded slip and slide with washed out corners. Still fun as hell, especially when I made it to the bottom sans bent apendages. Had the boot-legging dagger on me but never encounted any migrators (see first pic).




2 comments:

Christian Stitz said...

Nice save MacGuyver. Next time, use that bootknife and pry those suckers apart.

JP said...

Tried with a tire lever. Ended up messing up the pads.