7/12/08

Huachuca Range

This won't be much of a post compared to Stitz' romp session, but it's a post at least.

Out at Ft. Huachuca for another 3 weeks. In southern Arizona but it's monsoon season here (been raining at least once a day.) Otherwise, the temp is perfect and there are moutain trails everywhere. Photos:

Rain moving across the mountains on base
(shot from the back of my hotel)















Rented a bike Saturday and hit the nearest loop
(yeah, it's a men's girl-blue stumpy)















Poured the first 2 mile climb, but the water
didn't affect traction (although the elevation
seemed to affect me)














The rain let off eventually and the gritty rock trail
was in perfect condition (this pic is looking back
on the last big climb)















Fun stuff. I was stoked the whole 2 hours I rode, even with my huffing and puffing and the rain and feeling compelled to stop and take pics every couple miles. I'm gonna hit the same trail tomorrow and try to rip it a little more.

No comments: