7/15/09

Omba Caramba

On the way back from Table Rock we caught the OMBA Caramba MTB race at Sac River in Springfield, MO. Scott Davis from Springfield Bike put on a great race with tons of good schwag,food, and drinks, and the Midwest Fat Tire Series folks were fast and accurate with the timing and scoring.

Before the start I felt too rested (fat and lazy) from the week worth of vacationing and not riding, but did okay off the start. Quickly developed some really painful lower back tightness issue that I hope to work out before the next race. Bad enough that I was off the bike three times to stretch it out. That doesn't help much, but it's all part of the game. I'm definitely focused on doing better next time. Those expert boys are fast and I'll continue with my goal of not getting last place.

Thank you Jess and David for being the support crew.

Results







2 comments:

JP said...

You look pissed in the pics but those are solid lap times.

Wish I could have been there.

The rig looks stealthy.

Christian Stitz said...

I didn't notice that but you're right. I was frustrated, couldn't put any power in to the pedals.

How was the weekend? Any writeup or pics?