6/5/08

Where to park my bike?











Okay. Some of you might be aware of this already, but those that aren't- I am in Tokyo, Japan for the month of June on a grant to paint and research at museums. I have to say this to give this picture some background story. I was walking to go somewhere else and saw this row of bikes. This is how the Japanese park their bikes, which are everywhere. It really is THE means of transportation, along with trains and subway. Look really closely towards the background to see how far this line of bikes goes into the distance. Crazy...

6 comments:

Christian Stitz said...

Ben, I put a link up to your Tokyo blog. If you don't want it up just let me know.

So, do you have a bike to ride while there?

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP said...

I second Stitz' question. Can you get one of those cruisers with the bank safe on the back? Good image. Few cars sounds great.

Dave said...

All of those bikes look the same, seems a bit ironic, no? Either way thats really cool, taking a bike everywhere would be great.

Dave said...

Ben is there any kind of locking mechanisms on those racks? I know crime is minimal there but I can't imagine not locking it up.

Scott said...

Ben, so this is where you spend your spare time? Now we all know that you are a traitor to your own Tokyo blog (you can thank mtb united)! Great bike photo, though, especially all the baskets.