9/23/10

1st Cross Race

 Did my first cross race last weekend.  Everyone is right, that format is extremely fun.  I will be doing more of these.  I learned a bit about strategy and hopefully can to better next time.  If I can stay toward the top a few times I'll move up to Cat 3 and be a bottom of the pack racer.  I think I can do that, but am not sure about licensing and Categories and all that road stuff.  Thanks for the pics and the help Jim.

There's a race at Council Bluff this weekend.  A little Burnin' prep may be in order.  Probably take my time on the SS in the marathon class.


Results

Pics


Pics

6 comments:

JP said...

Congrats. Cross looks fun but hectic to an outsider. Looking forward to checking it out.

Ben Schwab said...

Nice, well done. Looks intense, but fun. Would love to try it. See anyone with traditional mountain bikes? Or is that pretty much impossible?

JP said...

Looks fun but crazy.

Trail Monster said...

Dan Miller won the SS race on rigid 29er. Great job Stitzle!

Christian Stitz said...

Echoing what TTM said, plenty of MTBs out there, some very successful.

Do it.

Skeet Skeet said...

Glad you had a good time. Cross is like crack. Do it once and everything you do after is all about that next fix....